Lookout Records is no more

sk

Administrator
Staff member
The Donnas old record label, Lookout Records has closed down. According to this article.
Seminal punk label Lookout Records has officially closed its doors, according to label alumnus Ted Leo. Over the years, Lookout! had released material from Green Day, Screeching Weasel, Operation Ivy and others, but ceased issuing new records in 2006. The label had kept its back catalogue in print from that point until December 2011.

That's too bad. The Donnas released some brilliant records on that label.
Wonder what happens with the availability of those records. As far as I know it was Lookout that still distributed them. But I might be wrong there.

/SK

It's starting to become a real bad time for music on physical support overall. Vynil is back, but is it really? I've been thinking to stop buying cds for a year or two and take an internet connection at home. But I still try to postpone it. I still want to buy the new Donnas on a physical support.
I'm not at all suprised that a label like Lookout! has to stop. I could argue that my Donnas copies will get some value on the internet now, but I've never bought records for that reason, only did it for the music.

After the new American bill passing through Parliament, I will definitely postpone getting an internet connection at home some more. You can't take the internet without a free Youtube, can you? Donnas, I'm bored, where's the album?