Favorites

a_fan

So, let's get some stuff going here. :)

What's your favorite song and album?

Mine is 5 o'clock in the morning and Spend the night.

Reactions: sk

sk

Administrator
Staff member
haha, thanks for trying to get something going. :)

Personally I have huge soft spot for 'Nothing to do'. It has such a great flow, love that track.
Really like the whole 'Turn 21' album but in the end I agree that 'Spend the Night' is the best album overall.

Cheetah

Songs
love you till it hurts
5'oclock in morning
Have you no pride.
Take it off
... and many others

Albums

Gold Medal
Spend the Night
Bitchin'

Guess I like the albums after Brett's voice was that of a woman and not a girl, but the old stuff is good. Although the Electrocutes stuff is takes a little getting used to.

sk

Administrator
Staff member
Although the Electrocutes stuff is takes a little getting used to.
That's true.
I kinda like the Electrocutes stuff now but it's honestly not something I would've give another try if it wasn't a part of the donnas history.

If I have to pick a favourite song, it's inevitably Take it off
an album: Spend the night - if you listen to it, it's a corker from start to finish - they will have a very hard time to top it, although I'm confident they can.
But I like all their albums a lot, especially since ATRM; another song that is very big with me is Do You Wanna Hit It.
The Donnas are the most played band on my player at this moment in time and they have been for quite a while. Before, it was an underground postpunk electronic duo called CABARET VOLTAIRE. I don't know why I tell you rockfans this...

sk

Administrator
Staff member
If I have to pick a favourite song, it's inevitably Take it off
an album: Spend the night - if you listen to it, it's a corker from start to finish - they will have a very hard time to top it, although I'm confident they can.
Also think it can be hard for them to top the Turn 21, Spend the Night era. They are just so great.

That doesn't mean that I won't love other albums. Both Gold Medal and Bitchin' was great.

Every bands has their own greatest era.
AC/DC has the Let there be rock and Powerage period. Status Quo has Hello, Quo and On the level. Still love boths those band even though I don't think they have reached that level of brilliance again.

The first Donnas' CD I bought was ATRM, more or less a year after it was released, just before Get skintight. At that moment in time I was boring myself to death with postrockalbums from the likes of Tortoise. I looked at the cover of ATRM and thought: "This must be good". I listened to it in the shop for a few minutes and bought it, and from thereon my love affair with the Donnas started....and it never ended...